The City Planning Department is a section of the Municipal Office of Planning, Construction, Homes and Property. The most important specialist fields covered by the City Planning Department are:
- Participate in regional land use planning
- Compile the bases basic materials for urban planning and urban development planning
- Compile the framework urban plans
- Enumerate the statutes under planning law, in particular development plans incl. the relevant landscape and traffic planning
- Provide construction advisory services and assess building applications in those areas that come under the jurisdiction of the City Planning Department with regard to planning law
- Convert public plazas and streets using funding from the “More Beautiful Frankfurt” investment program
- Push urban renewal
- Support residential construction
- Implement development measures relating to urban planning
In order to be able to discharge its duties optimally as regards supporting the city’s favorable development, in 2005 the City Planning Department optimized its organizational structure, itself initiating an organizational restructuring process; since that time the organizational structure has been far more focused in spatial terms. For details on the structure of our organization please consult the organigram below.
In the following pages you can click through the staff members responsible for the individual areas in the City Planning Department – simply use the navigation bar on the left.